18 February – 29 March 2015
following the National Day of Prayer & Fasting 15 February 2015
“Delight yourself in the Lord –
and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
Our personal and national DESTINY is found as we delight in the Lord!
“DESTINY flows from days spent with Jesus – who He is and who He was…”
Sheets, The Pleasure of His Company: A Journey to Intimate Friendship with God (pg.177)
40 Days Delighting in Jesus:
- 40 Days in John’s Gospel: The Passion Translation by Brian Simmons
- 40 DESTINY Blessings and 40 Daily radio broadcasts by David Tensen
- 40 Daily Devotions and DESTINY Questions by Sue Tinworth
- based on writing by Dallas Willard
Jesus - the Son of God – is our perfect example of being our Father’s son!
Delight in Fulfilling your DESTINY as your Father’s son!
In 40 Days God can change the patterns and DESTINY of your life.
Will you let Him?
40 Days Discerning your DESTINY:
- GOD’S DESIGN for your identity, foundations & inheritance
- GOD’S DESIRES in your life passion,purpose & message
- GOD’S DOMINION through your Kingdom authority, sphere of influence and future heritage.
“I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
You will call on me and come and pray to me
and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me
when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13
DELIGHT, like trust, love and joy, is not just an emotion.
DELIGHT opens your heart and postures you for encounter.
DELIGHT in God activates your intention and capacity to worship with:
- Boundless confidence in the character of God and respect for the God who holds the universe in his hands.
- Admiration – love stemming from gratitude and the love of utter infinite excellence.
- Fascination – being excited, captured and entranced by the presence and person of God; and filled with astonished wonder at the inconceivable elevation and the magnitude and the splendour of God.
- Adoration – white heat made incandescent with fire of the Holy Spirit, to love God with all the powers with us – with fear, wonder, yearning and awe.
A.W. Tozer (2008) The Worship Drive Life ( pg.116-120)
There is power in Australians uniting in prayer and fasting for our nation:
- There is power in praying in agreement across a nation
- Individuals, families, small groups, congregations, denominations, ministries and networks across Australia can be one in their focus.
- All can pray together from where ever they are
- Shared vision, passion and collaboration arise from united prayer
- The parts of the body of Christ function smoothly under Jesus
“The Lord delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.” Psalm 147:11
Enquiries: Sue Tinworth email@example.com www.partnersinprayer.org.au