18 February – 29 March 2015
following the National Day of Prayer & Fasting 15 February 2015
“Delight yourself in the Lord –
and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
Our personal and national DESTINY is found as we delight in the Lord!
“DESTINY flows from days spent with Jesus – who He is and who He was…”
Sheets, The Pleasure of His Company: A Journey to Intimate Friendship with God (pg.177)
40 Days Delighting in Jesus:
- 40 Days in John’s Gospel: The Passion Translation by Brian Simmons
- 40 DESTINY Blessings and 40 Daily radio broadcasts by David Tensen
- 40 Daily Devotions and DESTINY Questions by Sue Tinworth based on writings by Dallas Willard & Graham Cooke.
Jesus - the Son of God – is our perfect example of being our Father’s son.
Delight in Fulfilling your DESTINY as your Father’s son!
40 Days Discerning your:
- DESIGN: identity, foundations & inheritance
- DESIRES: passion, life purpose & life message
- DOMINION: Kingdom authority, sphere of influence and future heritage.
“I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
You will call on me and come and pray to me
and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me
when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13
There is power in Australians uniting in prayer and fasting for our nation:
- There is power in praying in agreement across a nation
- Individuals, families, small groups, congregations, denominations, ministries and networks across Australia can be one in their focus.
- All can pray together from where ever they are
- Shared vision, passion and collaboration arise from united prayer
- The parts of the body of Christ function smoothly under Jesus
“The Lord delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.” Psalm 147:11
From DELIGHT to DESTINY: Our deepening journey with our Father
- Delight is our surprised pleasure and wonder as we glimpse and progressively believe and know more of God and His Divine will, purpose and plan revealed through Scripture and the Spirit of God. Delight draws us to worship and praise God expressing our delight in who He is and pouring our thanksgiving on Him for all the delights he constantly gives. Delight draws us to pause, reflect and seek to unveil the Divine mysteries and secrets, to know God intimately encountering God as Father and Jesus as our Bridegroom. Desire for God embraces us as we set our hearts to fix our devotion upon Jesus – to receive, trust, pursue, hold on and cling to Him and Him alone with persistent passion. We treasure and constantly refresh our first love for Him. As our mutual interests, desires and choices begin to merge into His – we create shared perspectives, understandings and patterns of living. We become more and more confident to trust and obey, to submit and rely on Him alone – as our faithful and dependable source. We long to be one with Him – even to the point of Divine unity. We seek to be known as one with him.
- Design. As our delight in who our Father is deepens, we cherish His holiness and completeness and grow in understanding our purpose in God’s design of the heavens and earth and our place, our role in it.
- Desires. Our Father’s desires for us are so much more than our own. His desires delight and fulfill us! Father is constantly blessing us and creating opportunity for abundant life for us in loving relationship and community. We are called to live a life of delight in which we recognise delight and choose to follow paths of delight and cherish times of delight in God as His son – in Jesus’ kingdom, heaven and on earth.
- Declaration follows. It is our delight to declare who God is to the heavens and whole world; and to demonstrate His kingdom Dominion on earth in our domains- so all may know Him. Delight multiplies in us and our world as we collaborate with God and with others to receive, cultivate and disperse delight.
- Destiny: Our understanding of personal and national destiny become more clearly defined and fulfilled as we delight ourselves in who our Father is and in what delights Him. God is delighted to see His purposes transform us and our world!
Enquiries & Registration for the National Day of Prayer & Fasting 15 February 2015
Copyright: Sue Tinworth. All Rights Reserved.